Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: Full time
Reports to: Clinical Data Manager
Ultromics is an innovative start-up imaging diagnostics company spun out of the University of Oxford. Ultromics is an inter-disciplinary team, setting new standards for diagnostic imaging solutions powered by artificial intelligence for cardiovascular disease. We have developed an echocardiography analysis platform called EchoGo, that aims to reduce diagnostic errors by 75%, which would significantly increase accuracy for diagnosing coronary artery disease in one of the most widely used diagnostic tests. The company has raised £12 million to take this technology to market in the US and UK.
We are seeking a Database Manager to join our Operations team. They will be an essential point person for data flow from the Clinical service through to Research and development. The clinical platform follows a cloud first principle to deliver our EchoGo Technology. As a data centric company, the organisation and curation of data is a top priority. The Database Manager will take responsibility for the design, development and management of the database that will be utilised throughout the company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Build, test and improve a SQL database to specifications aligned with business needs
- Work closely with R&D and Clinical Service team to understand current and future needs
- Develop internal assets (documentation, presentations and other artefacts)
- Address the differing data management system needs within the business, including commercial customer data and research data associated with clinical trials
- Ensure that database curation is managed effectively
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- This list of duties is not exhaustive and the post holder may be asked to carry out other duties through discussion with their line manager.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Maintains standard in all communications.
- Creative, innovative -Generates new and innovative solutions to problems.
- Detail – attention to Does not let important details slip, accurate.
- InfoSec – Understanding of core values and principles of information security with relation to the role.
- Listening skills – Let’s others speak and seeks to understand different viewpoints.
- Proactivity – Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Project management – Plans and tracks complex projects carefully and ensures delivery of commitments, may use project management software or other reliable techniques.
- Self-motivating/ drive and determination – Keeps work rate up unsupervised – finds things to do and keeps going even in difficult times. Identify own training requirements.
- Strategic thinking and visioning- Sees and can articulate the bigger picture and can maintain focus and direction of self and team. Collaborate with/challenge/assist the staff to identify, develop and deploy best practice approaches.
- Systems (computer/SAAS)- Able to quickly learn and efficiently use company systems, comfortable with technology, able to analyse and report on data, update and maintain information
- Teamwork – Works effectively with others, contributes strongly, recognises the value of differing contributions, supportive and collaborative.
- Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done.
- Degree in computing or related field/ experience to similar level
- Proven work experience as a Database Developer
- Data Queries
- Dicom (other Image based data)
- Data Curation
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications.
- SQL Coding
- Basic scripting (python, shell script)
- Proven work experience within a Database
- Development role.
- Working with SQL backends
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Ability to understand front-end users’ requirements and a problem-solving attitude.
- Data Migration
- Develop database driven API’s
- You are a collaborative person
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. Entry into employment and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each particular post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
If you’re selected for an interview and have special requirements due to a disability please let us know so that we can make any necessary adjustments.
Information Security Compliance
By applying for this position you are confirming that you will read, understand and comply with the Company’s Information Security Policies if you are hired for this role.
How to Apply
Fill in the form below, making sure you attach the your CV