Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Software engineers in the Product Development Software Team are responsible for producing and maintaining high-quality Software as Medical Device (SaMD) solutions within a highly regulated environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of software in conformance with medical device standards, industry best practices, internal coding standards and operating procedures.
- Development and maintenance of unit and integration tests covering all developed code.
- Working effectively as part of a team in an AGILE development environment, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas to enhance the performance of the team and the timeliness and quality of its outputs.
- Troubleshooting an investigating software issues, identifying and documenting fixes, participation in risk management reviews as required.
- Performance of Code Reviews and Documentation Reviews.
- Participating in the improvement of Ultromics solutions through active participation in corporate events, providing feedback and suggesting improvements on products and processes.
- This list of duties is not exhaustive and the post holder may be asked to carry out other duties through discussion with their line manager.
- Degree in a computer related subject or including substantial software development component.
- Higher degree in Computing Subject.
Evidenced by Certificate and transcript.
Cover letter outlining component of course involving software development.
Skills and abilities
- Teamworking and mentoring
- Ability to work and deliver results in a high-pressured environment.
- Critical analysis of code.
- Ability to adapt and cope with change.
- Clear evidence of proactivity leading to a demonstrable improvement in a role, product or organisation.
- Ability to conduct systematic Code reviews
- Python development
Evidenced by CV, cover letter, interview.
- Clear and demonstrable mathematical and analytical skills.
- Clear evidence of continual learning leading to career development.
- Demonstrable understanding of parallel/concurrent programming.
- Clear understanding of Machine learning and or AI and its uses.
- Understanding of computation geometry or geometrical transformations.
Evidenced by Certificates, CV, cover letter, interview.
- 5 years of Software development. (Note Higher degree candidates with lower levels of experience will be considered) covering backend and front-end development roles.
- Developing using design patterns.
- Experience working in an AGILE development team.
- .Net development either in .Net Standard or Framework
- Substantial experience development in C# and/or python in a professional environment.
- Experience in the medical software device industry.
- Experience of developing using structure approaches to testing, such as TDD.
Evidenced by CV, cover letter, interview.
Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Enthusiastic with a desire to learn.
Evidenced by CV, interview
Ultromics is committed to promoting work-life balance and offers a range of benefits to encourage this, including:
- Flexible working hours between 7am-7pm
- One day working from home per week
- Bonus scheme
- Share option scheme
- Life assurance
- Two additional paid Company holidays in December
- Fitness-incentive benefit (receive £250 back every 6 months for fitness-related activities outside the home)
- Company-wide events (COVID-permitting)
- 5% Company pension contribution
- Sabbatical policy
- Employee referral reward
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. Entry into employment and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each particular post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
If you’re selected for an interview and have special requirements due to a disability please let us know so that we can make any necessary adjustments.
Information Security Compliance
By applying for this position, you are confirming that you will be required to comply with Ultromics’ Information Security Policies if you are hired for this role.
Reports to: Head of Software
Posting date: 25/08/2020
Application deadline: 30/09/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
How to Apply
Fill in the form below, making sure you attach your CV
Fields marked * are required.